Rare Opportunity for a CEO with a Local Disability & Youth Service Provider in the Hunter Valley
Our client is a well-respected and long-established Disability & Youth Service Provider in the Hunter Valley, providing services and programs to more than 800 clients across nine Local Government Areas. Our client employs more than 170 local support and administrative staff in addition to 110 supported employees and is registered to provide support to participants under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
As the CEO of this innovative organisation, you will have an exceptional opportunity to lead the established management team through the challenges of an evolving Community Services sector and direct business activities to deliver on strategic and financial plans.
Your management skills will equip you with the capability to lead, communicate and execute across the broad range of issues encountered across the diverse portfolio of business activities undertaken by the organisation.
As CEO you will present financial forecasts and ensure forward planning meets the needs of the business; oversee the property portfolio; ensure the preparation of budgets and budgetary control and build robust and auditable policies & procedures, operations and expenditure.
In this role, you will adhere to the values of the organisation and clearly articulate the mission and values to all levels of staff. You will communicate with the Board and attend, contribute and advise at Board Meetings & Sub Committees. You will oversee the organisational management including staffing, training and development as well as managing external relations across all stake-holder groups.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Submitting business forecasts and budgets for the consideration of the Board and recommending major policy changes and developments.
- Monitoring and directing overall operations to achieve revenue and expense budgets and the satisfactory performance of the various profit centres across the organisation.
- Directing the preparation, communication, and execution of operating objectives, plans and programs.
- Negotiating major deals and commercial financial arrangements.
- Directing and motivating the executive team in the achievement of agreed goals and standards.
- Acting as the chief spokesperson for the organisation.
As the successful applicant, you will demonstrate the following qualifications and experience:
- Previous Chief Executive Officer experience ideally within a Disability Service or Not-for-Profit sector
- Tertiary qualifications in Business, Management, Finance or equivalent
- Exceptional strategic planning skills and experience
- Team-oriented with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong working relationships
- Experience in leading organisational and change management at a senior level
- A focus on customer service and delivering quality outcomes
- Demonstrated abilities to lead a growing organisation
- Highly developed communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in developing mutually beneficial relationships with stakeholders
How to Apply
In return for your expertise, we offer an influential leadership role in a growing organisation with an exceptional reputation providing a rewarding work environment and an excellent remuneration package.
To apply, please submit your covering letter and resume outlining your suitability for this role against the selection criteria.
If you have specific questions, enquiries can be made to Paul Callinan on 02 4934 9900 in the strictest of confidence.
Please note applications will only be accepted up to and including the 9 September 2018.